Irina Starovoytova's Blog

• записи
  • комментария
  • просмотра
    112 303

Earning respect

irinatamb

1 328 просмотров

I am taking the second level of The Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching (CiSELT) - курс повышения квалификации учителей, работающих в средних школах с учащимися 11-18 лет. CiSELT состоит из двух уровней – Proficient and Advanced. http://www.britishcouncil.ru/teach-english/teacher-training/ciseltOne of the most unexpected task is to write about Earning respect. Have you ever thought it over? Be always fair and patient. Explain things well. Take time with your students. Listen to kids and care about them. Be well organized. Always stay interesting, nice and pleasant.And what are your ideas?

3 комментария

Рекомендуемые комментарии

I suppose the term “Earning respect” means that a teacher should be a personality which deserves respect. In my opinion a true good teacher should be a well-educated one, he/she should keep an open mind, have broad outlook and versatile interests, not mention such personal qualities as respect to the students as well as to all other people, fairness and patience.

Поделиться комментарием

I believe that a key to earning students' respect is respecting students first. I always try to treat students like adults or at least like intelligent beings who may have their own needs and interests that will not necesserily coincide with my own. But if you respect your students, you will be able to discuss issues with them and agree on something that will more or less suit both sides. True, there will be such people who take respect for weakness on the part of the teacher, but such people are never a majority.

Поделиться комментарием

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас