Irina Starovoytova's Blog

• записи
  • комментария
  • просмотра
    112 204

Why started my edublog for real teaching

irinatamb

1 133 просмотра

Why blog? I keep on asking myself about it. So do lots of my colleagues.I have read a great article on this point on http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/think/ar...es/blogging-eltYou must read it. Really.I have started an educational blog to use it in my real teaching after reading it.So, why should you blog with your students? There are many reasons why you may choose to use weblogs with students. One of the best reasons is to provide a real audience for student writing. Usually, the teacher is the only person who reads student writing, and the focus of this reading is usually on form, not content. With weblogs, students can find themselves writing for a real audience that, apart from the teacher, may include their peers, students from other classes, or even other countries, their parents, and potentially anyone with access to the Internet.Here are some other reasons for using blogs:To provide extra reading practice for students.This reading can be produced by the teacher, other students in the same class, or, in the case of comments posted to a blog, by people from all over the world. As online student learner journals that can be read by their peers. The value of using learner journals has been well documented. Usually they are private channels between teacher and student. Using a blog as a learner journal can increase the audience. To guide students to online resources appropriate for their level.The Internet has a bewildering array of resources that are potentially useful for your students. The problem is finding and directing your learners to them. For this reason, you can use your tutor blog as a portal for your learners. To increase the sense of community in a class.A class blog can help foster a feeling of community between the members of a class, especially if learners are sharing information about themselves and their interests, and are responding to what other students are writing. To encourage shy students to participate.There is evidence to suggest that students who are quiet in class can find their voice when given the opportunity to express themselves in a blog. To stimulate out-of-class discussion.A blog can be an ideal space for pre-class or post-class discussion. And what students write about in the blog can also be used to promote discussion in class. To encourage a process-writing approach. Because students are writing for publication, they are usually more concerned about getting things right, and usually understand the value of rewriting more than if the only audience for their written work is the teacher. As an online portfolio of student written work.There is much to be gained from students keeping a portfolio of their work. One example is the ease at which learners can return to previous written work and evaluate the progress they have made during a course. To help build a closer relationship between students in large classes.Sometimes students in large classes can spend all year studying with the same people without getting to know them well. A blog is another tool that can help bring students together.

2 комментария

Рекомендуемые комментарии

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас