Компания "Ваш репетитор"
  • Населённый пункт
    Санкт-Петербург
  • Регион
    Ленинградская область
  • Стаж работы в школе
    больше 20 лет
  1. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 34 SCALE You must first scale the fish, gut it and then wash carefully. What is the scale of this thermometer? The Spiderman managed to scale the building in a matter of seconds.
  2. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 35 1. The corporate party was extremely boring, we went out to a pub and talked shop all the time. (talked about work) 2. Wow, we've done a lot of work! Shall we call it a day? (finish) 3. The news that the new CEO is going to resign after only a month with us has come out of the blue (been a complete surprise) 4. He has not been doing much in class. He'd better pull his socks up if he wants to pass the exam (work hard). 5. I don't remember having ever met her, but the name certainly rings the bell (is hidden somewhere deep in my memory).
  3. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 26: Match the two parts of the sentences: 1. She cleaned the place from top to... d) bottom 2. Everything in the house looks spick and ... c) span 3. His flat is always neat and ... b ) tidy 4. She always cleans in every nook and ... e) cranny 5. The desk needs a bit of spit and... a) polish
  4. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 25 1. c) detached 2. d) available 3. a) three-storey 4. c) short-time 5. b ) completely 6. a) bed and food 7. a) halls of residence
  5. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 18 1. Although 2. Even though 3. however 4 Since 5. while
  6. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 16 1). c 2). d 3). b
  7. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 15 1) They’re probably planning a quiet evening together; I know they won’t guess what we’ll be doing. 2) By the time we finish, everybody will have eaten and drunk as much as they can. 3) The other sixty guests should have arrived before Helen and John.
  8. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 13 b). a penchant for
  9. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 12 1. In all my life, I have never spoken to someone who is quite so stupid. 2. This is the only occasion that I’ve seen him wearing a tie. (correct) 3. Since he lived here, he has usually been extremely friendly. 4. They’ll join us after they have got a bite to eat. 5.He says he hasn’t yet come to a final decision .(correct)
  10. Daily English Challenge

1. See You Later. 2. Oh, I See. 3. Bye For Now 4. As soon As Possible 5. For Your Information
  11. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 9 head
  12. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 8 1. c) frugal 2. - hault 3. a) strong
  13. Daily English Challenge

Challenge №7 1.- b 2.- d 3.- a 4.- c
  14. Daily English Challenge

Challenge №6 1 see 2 help 3 pay
  15. Daily English Challenge

1.You can borrow my laptop for the evening if you promise to bring it back tomorrow. 2.If I had been promoted, I would have had to move to our head office in Paris. 3.If I had studied hard, I wouldn't have had such a poorly paid job.