Перейти к содержимому
kaskaas

Свободная тема (интересное в жизни и профессии)

105 пользователей проголосовало

1. 1. нужна ли на форуме "флудилка"?

• да
    • нет

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Начала слушать Northanger Abbey по радио BBC-4. Вот первая часть: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08575fp

Очень приятная постановка. Первая часть доступна для прослушивания еще 29 дней. Рекомендую для поклонников Джейн Остин и произведений с юмором.

Поделиться сообщением

What does a flipped classroom look like at each grade level?

Take an inside look at how 3 teachers personalize learning for each student.
10-300x200.jpg

[Editor’s note: This story, originally published on September 26th of this year, was our #10 most popular story of the year. The countdown continues tomorrow with #9, so be sure to check back!]

Although the term “flipped learning” is almost universally recognized, teachers apply it in many forms, in all grades levels, and in various school environments. If you are a teacher using flipped learning, the chances are that you share some similarities with other teachers who flip—as well as some differences. However, the major commonality among all flipped learning teachers is that every one of them is creating personal learning experiences for each student.

We asked three flipped teachers — one from an elementary school, one from a junior high, and one from a high school — to describe what learning looks like in their world.

Beth Hobbs, third-grade teacher

Burkett Elementary, Pennsylvania

“Over the past few years, I have transformed my traditional classroom into a student-centered classroom. Through flipped learning, my students are able to complete weekly reading assignments and tasks at home to extend their learning beyond our regular curriculum.

1469828031227_1x1.gif

Depending on the student’s role within each task, students question each other, share an interesting part of a reading passage, provide a summary, define new words, and connect the reading to their experiences or similar stories. Students become excited to meet and discuss their novels.

Before I moved to a flipped classroom, it would take weeks to read a novel together in class, and the discussion was led and influenced greatly by what I said. By completing the assignments at home, the students are able to form their own opinions and even challenge their classmates to look at the book through different perspectives.

With the help of exciting apps such as Chatterpix, iMovie, Adobe Voice, Touchcast, and ClassFlow, students can showcase their mastery of learning through a fun outlet. Without flipped learning, it would not be possible for me to integrate the use of such engaging apps within the classroom. Flipped learning has allowed me to go outside my comfort zone and put the learning into my student’s hands.”

http://www.eschoolnews.com/

Поделиться сообщением

The continuation...

Rob Baier, seventh-grade math teacher
Fort Cherry Junior and Senior High School, Pennsylvania

“How do I flip my classroom? In years past, when I assigned problems, I always had students who forgot the lesson from that day. This year, I will assign a set of problems and attach an instructional video about the lesson. The idea is to keep the instructional video less than 4 or 5 minutes long. This allows the students to be able to get a content refresher or see if they missed something.

Another way I am flipping my classroom is by keeping up on missed school days. If I am not in school or if I am pulled for a training or meeting, I post an instructional video on Google Classroom, complete with assigned problems. The same is true for possible snow days. This allows for very little, if any, missed instruction.

The final way I am flipping my classroom is assigning a video to watch as homework that will drive an important discussion or performance task for the next day in class.

Why do I flip my classroom? On snow days or days I am out of the building, I want my students to still be engaged in the learning process, and I want to evoke thought for future discussions. I want to cut down on the amount of direct-instruction time and increase the amount of time the students are actively learning. Gone are the days of “busy work” when a teacher misses school. Now, by flipping our classrooms, we can maximize instruction.”

Kalliope Tsipras, high school math teacher
Brashear High School, Pennsylvania

“I started flipping my classroom in small bits: a lesson here or there, a three-day lesson and then a week’s worth of lessons, and so forth. Over the past summer, I decided to completely flip my Pre-Calculus class and focus class time on students’ completely solving lots of problems, with lots of help from me.

1469828031227_1x1.gif

I have come across some difficulties with implementation, such as not all of my students having access to computers each night. I have opened my classroom in the morning, during homeroom, and during lunch for students to come in and watch the videos. I created a survey for students to complete at the end of each video on Google Forms to gauge student understanding.

I have only started the process, and I am still learning, but being upfront with my students has helped. They are also willing to help with any issues that come up on the videos by emailing me and coming up to see me personally. Flipping your classroom only works if you are willing to be upfront and honest with yourself, your teaching, and your students. Also, keep your administrators in the loop so they know what is going on in your classroom.”

How will you flip?

If one thing is certain, the best flipped learning environments are created by teachers who are willing to learn and share from each other. Now that you have read three unique classroom experiences from teachers who are using flipping to improve their students’ learning outcomes, where do you go from here? How do you start flipping your class today?

Remember, to be a great a teacher, you don’t need a Ph.D, Ed.D., or MBA. All you need is CS: Common Sense. Do what is best for students!

http://www.eschoolnews.com/2016/12/19/10-flipped-classroom/2/

Поделиться сообщением

ОРТ  выпустило передачу об истинном положении учителя в российской школе с прямым  эфиром:

http://www.ontvtime.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view_record&id=1641&start_record=2017-02-10-20-00-50 

Поделиться сообщением

Лингвотетрис - компьютерная игровая технология. lingvotetris.com

Ищу партнеров по англоязычному пространству... Стихи, песни, шутки...

Поделиться сообщением

Потрясающе интересно!!!

https://puzzle-english.com/vitamin/his-highness-progressive?email_hide=true

His highness Progressive!

Замечательный ресурс (платный). Подписана на него уже больше года.

Поделиться сообщением

Замечательный ресурс (платный). Подписана на него уже больше года.

Я там бесплатно работаю. И детям даю задания.

Поделиться сообщением

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/culture/culture-news/news/a40667/the-queens-diet-no-pasta/

Proving that royalty really isn't all it's cracked up to be, it's emerged that the Queen doesn't eat pasta, potatoes or garlic.

Royal chef Darren McGrady, who has cooked for the monarch for 15 years, revealed that the Queen doesn't eat starchy foods unless for a state dinner. Instead, her daily diet centres around the very specific dish of grilled fish or chicken with two types of vegetables. She also enjoys big bowls of salad and fresh fruit. Speaking of fruit, she has a very particular way of maximising the potential of bananas.

"With a banana, she'll cut off the bottoms and cut the banana length-wise, and then cut the banana into tiny slices to eat with a fork," McGrady told Recipes Plus.

The Queen is also not a fan of garlic and her chefs are told to keep it from her food.

А дальше про любимый десерт королевы, который она даже в поезд берет

Поделиться сообщением

Being the monarch is a tough job, but someone has to do it, even if reluctantly. In a magazine interview, Prince Harry has suggested that none of the royal family actually wants the throne.

“We are involved in modernising the British monarchy. We are not doing this for ourselves but for the greater good of the people,” he said.

“Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time.”

...“The monarchy is a force for good and we want to carry on the positive atmosphere that the Queen has achieved for over 60 years, but we won’t be trying to fill her boots,” he said.

Harry has been praised by mental health charities for revealing he went for counselling...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/22/prince-harry-says-no-one-royal-family-wants-king-queen

Поделиться сообщением

Здравствуйте! Подскажите, пожалуйста, в каком разделе можно обсудить насущный сейчас вопрос о рабочих программах по нашему предмету?????

Поделиться сообщением

Здравствуйте! Подскажите, пожалуйста, в каком разделе можно обсудить насущный сейчас вопрос о рабочих программах по нашему предмету?????

Есть тема по Рабочим программам https://www.englishteachers.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1772

Поделиться сообщением

Поделиться сообщением

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/09/what-happened-when-walmart-left

In West Virginia, the people of McDowell County can’t get jobs, and recently lost their biggest employer – the local Walmart store. They describe the devastating loss of jobs, community and access to fresh food

...Given her mother’s health issues, Nicole Banks tries to compensate for Walmart’s departure by seeking out fresh fruit and vegetables in the surrounding area. But it’s not easy. The nearest replacement store, Goodsons, is too expensive, she says, and other Walmarts are an hour’s drive away along Appalachian roads that are as tightly coiled as the copperhead snakes that live in the local forest.

Already, she spends half her $1,200 post-tax monthly salary on car insurance and repayments, and gas for the long drive for groceries eats into the little that is left. So she and her mom grab food where they can, opting for less pricey meals of hamburgers or spaghetti rather than fresh salad that takes another big chunk out of her income.

It’s not great for her mother’s health, but then Nicole thinks that’s typical for McDowell County people since Walmart left town. She has noticed that processed foods seem popular again; there are long lines again at the local McDonald’s.

“There’s a lot of people getting sick since the store closed because they’re not getting the right diet. It’s sad to me, but bad food is cheap.”

Nicole Banks is the first person in her family to go to college. With a degree in sociology, how would she sum up the impact of Walmart leaving?

She pauses to think for a while, and when she replies, she does so with unexpected vehemence. “It’s ridiculous,” she says. “People round here can’t get healthcare, they can’t get jobs and now the good food has gone. We are not getting our basic needs met. People are dying young.”

Banks is not exaggerating. Of the 3,142 counties in the US, McDowell County comes in at No 3,142 in terms of life expectancy. For men, that’s 64 years, a statistic that, as Bernie Sanders likes to point out, is the same for men in Namibia.

Как знакомо звучит ситуация, хотя дело происходит в США!

Поделиться сообщением

In West Virginia, the people of McDowell County can’t get jobs, and recently lost their biggest employer – the local Walmart store. They describe the devastating loss of jobs, community and access to fresh food

...Given her mother’s health issues, Nicole Banks tries to compensate for Walmart’s departure by seeking out fresh fruit and vegetables in the surrounding area. But it’s not easy. The nearest replacement store, Goodsons, is too expensive, she says, and other Walmarts are an hour’s drive away along Appalachian roads that are as tightly coiled as the copperhead snakes that live in the local forest.[/size]

Already, she spends half her $1,200 post-tax monthly salary on car insurance and repayments, and gas for the long drive for groceries eats into the little that is. left. So she and her mom grab food where they can, opting for less pricey meals of hamburgers or spaghetti rather than fresh salad that takes another big chunk out of her income.

It’s not great for her mother’s healt. h, but then Nicole thinks that’s typical for McDowell County people since Walmart left town. She has noticed that processed foods seem popular again; there are long lines again at the local McDonald’s.

“There’s a lot of people getting sick since the store closed because they’re not getting the right diet. It’s sad to me, but bad food is cheap.”

Nicole Banks is the first person in her family to go to college. With a degree in sociology, how would she sum up the impact of Walmart leaving?

She pauses to think for a while, and when she replies, she does so with unexpected vehemence. “It’s ridiculous,” she says. “People round here can’t get healthcare, they can’t get jobs and now the good food has gone. We are not getting our basic needs met. People are dying young.”

Banks is not exaggerating. Of the 3,142 counties in the US, McDowell County comes in at No 3,142 in terms of life expectancy. For men, that’s 64 years, a statistic that, as Bernie Sanders likes to point out, is the same for men in Namibia.

...Given her mother’s health issues, Nicole Banks tries to compensate for Walmart’s departure by seeking out fresh fruit and vegetables in the surrounding area. But it’s not easy. The nearest replacement store, Goodsons, is too expensive, she says, and other Walmarts are an hour’s drive away along Appalachian roads that are as tightly coiled as the copperhead snakes that live in the local forest.[/size]

Already, she spends half her $1,200 post-tax monthly salary on car insurance and repayments, and gas for the long drive for groceries eats into the little that is left. So she and her mom grab food where they can, opting for less pricey meals of hamburgers or spaghetti rather than fresh salad that takes another big chunk out of her income.

It’s not great for her mother’s health, but then Nicole thinks that’s typical for McDowell County people since Walmart left town. She has noticed that processed foods seem popular again; there are long lines again at the local McDonald’s.

Действительноо, очень созвучны проблемы для монопрофильных городов в разных странах, их зависимость от изменений в инфраструктуре.

Поделиться сообщением

Очень смешно! Некоторые фото можно давать ученикам для речевой разминки с просьбой сказать what is wrong in the picture, а над другими лучше смеяться в своём кругу!

http://www.boredpanda.com/funny-design-fails/

Поделиться сообщением

Королева в 91 год катается на лошади. Господи, тут иной раз думаешь "Вообще дожить-бы до такого возраста! ".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4700870/The-Queen-seen-riding-Windsor-Castle-Royals.html

Поделиться сообщением

А вот здесь список кнгни, которые рекомендуют почитать летом вместо Гарри Поттера

https://ru.pinterest.com/pin/490962796863980307/

Поделиться сообщением

Интересная статья о Камилле и принце Чарльзе: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4701896/Camilla-reveals-Charles-no-one-knows.html

Спасибо,правда,занимательно,фото интересные.

Поделиться сообщением

Спасибо,правда,занимательно,фото интересные.

А вот ещё интересная статья о том, как внучку королевы не хотели в университет принимать: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4701782/Newcastle-lecturer-claims-Princess-Eugenie-rejected.html

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас