Перейти к содержимому
Алексей Конобеев

Young learners research from Aston University

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Aston University , Birmingham , UK is conducting British Council supported research into how English is taught to young learners (YL)

around the world. The www.englishteachers.ru Forum would like to bring this research to the attention of teachers of English in Russia and ask for your assistance.

The researchers would like to know about policies and syllabuses, about YL teaching practices and pedagogie s. They also would like to understand teachers’ perceptions of their roles and responsibilities, including the challenges they face. They would like to identify effective local Russian solutions to pedagogical issues and to see how these relate to young learner practices globally. If you are a teacher of English to young learners yourself, could you complete the questionnaire at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TEYL

If you would like to know more about the project, please go to:

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/news-events/ne...young-learners/

If you have any problems accessing the links directly, please try copying and pasting the URL into your browser.

Поделиться сообщением

A reasonable questionnaire I'd say but there are some points I had difficulties with

Поделиться сообщением

A reasonable questionnaire I'd say but there are some points I had difficulties with

I wish we had the same questionnaire in Russia.

Поделиться сообщением

The reason why we've asked you to participate is that the researches agreed to share with us data on Russia. This will present a clearer picture of what the perceptions of Russian YL teachers are.

Поделиться сообщением

Not for primary school teachers only.

Поделиться сообщением

Not for primary school teachers only.

Well, I suppose we can develop a questionnaire for Russia, put it online and give a link to it on the forum. Which points do you think would be particularly useful for Russian teachers?

Поделиться сообщением

Well, I suppose we can develop a questionnaire for Russia, put it online and give a link to it on the forum. Which points do you think would be particularly useful for Russian teachers?

Well, I think the questions could be almost the same as on Surveymonkey, but I'd like more questions about textbooks, how teachers choose a textbook and so on.

Поделиться сообщением

Well, I think the questions could be almost the same as on Surveymonkey, but I'd like more questions about textbooks, how teachers choose a textbook and so on.

Could you suggest a list of questions then? We can compile the questionnaire on the forum so that it could become a joint research project for many teachers.

Поделиться сообщением

Could you suggest a list of questions then? We can compile the questionnaire on the forum so that it could become a joint research project for many teachers.

Well, here is a list of simple yes/no questions, I have used some from the Surveymonkey. It is possible to add more questions. Don't judge strictly :D

http://www.urtak.com/u/3584

Поделиться сообщением

Well, here is a list of simple yes/no questions, I have used some from the Surveymonkey. It is possible to add more questions. Don't judge strictly :D

Dear colleagues, we suggest that you compile a list of questions for a survey here in this topic. This may be of interest for other users of the forum. Then we will be able to assist you technically in creating a survey.

Поделиться сообщением

Dear colleagues, we suggest that you compile a list of questions for a survey here in this topic. This may be of interest for other users of the forum. Then we will be able to assist you technically in creating a survey.

Well, here is a list of the questions from Urtak:

#

Do you have 3 class hours per week?

#

Are there 15 pupils in your group?

#

Would you like to have more than 3 class hours per week?

#

Would you like to have less pupils in your group?

#

Do you mostly use English in your classes?

#

Do you correct your students during the answer?

#

Do you have access to the Internet during your classes?

#

Do you often use multimedia resources in your class?

#

Do you conduct co-teaching with other teachers of your school?

#

Do you use supplementary literature for your lessons?

#

Do you often attend in-service training programs?

#

Are they beneficial for you?

#

Can you significantly affect your students' achievement level by trying different methods?

#

Do you often have difficulty choosing what to do in your classroom out of all the options you hear about?

#

Do the materials you use contain enough information for you about the content you are teaching?

#

Do you participate in any projects?

#

Do you have extracurricular activities in English?

#

Do you see any challenges in language teaching?

#

Would you like to have chosen another profession?

Поделиться сообщением

Well, here is a list of simple yes/no questions, I have used some from the Surveymonkey. It is possible to add more questions. Don't judge strictly :lol:

I see somebody has answered already. :) Thank you :)

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас