Перейти к содержимому

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Я на айпаде ее не скопирую. Проще зайти ко мне на страницу в фейсбуке Радислав Мильруд и она там в недавних моих публикациях.

СПАСИБО

Поделиться сообщением

СПАСИБО

У меня на странице в Файсбуке есть немало языкового материала с языковых школ ВСЕГО МИРА - от Африки до Арктики))) Специально их коллекционирую и держу в "друзьях" представителей самых разных языковых центров множества стран. Кое-что есть очень полезное. Например, недавно разместил интересную схему слов-соединителей для эссе... Кто интересуется, я не Фейсбуке Радислав Мильруд

Поделиться сообщением

Коллеги, как в эссе писать his или her - в таких случаях:

Secondly, when person is talented, his\her work will never be boring.

Also, if he\she has a boss he\she has the best projects.

His\her inventions always will have success.

Boss will be grateful for it to him\her.

ведь явно не так!

Поделиться сообщением

Коллеги, как в эссе писать his или her - в таких случаях:

Secondly, when person is talented, his\her work will never be boring.

Also, if he\she has a boss he\she has the best projects.

His\her inventions always will have success.

Boss will be grateful for it to him\her.

ведь явно не так!

Пусть ученик пишет только his или her, ошибкой не будет.

Поделиться сообщением

Пусть ученик пишет только his или her, ошибкой не будет.

Да. Мы не сходим с ума по поводу гендерных проблем. Можно также писать they.

Поделиться сообщением

Можно также писать they.

they or their?smile.gif

Поделиться сообщением

Уважаемые эксперты! Прошу оценить эссе моей ученицы. Заранее спасибо. Тема взята из открытого банка.

План такой:

− make an introduction (state the problem)

− express your personal opinion and give 2–3 reasons for your opinion

− express an opposing opinion and give 1–2 reasons for this opposing opinion

− explain why you don’t agree with the opposing opinion

− make a conclusion restating your position

Some people think that you can have only one true friend.

There is no doubt that everybody needs to have a good friend. No one can live without support and help from close person. However, other people think that a person can’t have just only one best friend.

To my mind, true friend can be one in a person’s life. Firstly, friends always share secrets with each other. If many people know your secret, it’s not a secret anymore. I don’t want my secret to be revealed to some people. Secondly, you can’t have a heart-to-heart talk with many friends. When people are in a big group of other people they usually have fun. Moreover, there is special connection between two best friends, which is can’t be among four or five people, for instance.

On the other hand, you can feel lonely, when you have just only one true friend, because your friend can’t spend with you all his/her time. Sometimes a person needs to talk not just with one person. Connection with other people is very important for a person. In addition, companies spend time much more fun and cheerful than two friends.

However, participants of a company can’t support you in some difficult situation. When you need a help, all your friends disappear from your view and appear, when they want to party. True friend will never leave you in difficult situation alone.

In conclusion, I want to say that friendship isn’t about the quantity. It’s all about quality.

You're gonna rewrite the essay, I hope. I can't get and sometimes I don't buy what you're saying.

friendship

hikikomori

urban dictionary (look through several definitions of each entry):

friends

best friends

homies

buddies

bros

Good luck.

Изменено пользователем richgoodman

Поделиться сообщением

You're gonna rewrite the essay, I hope. I can't get and sometimes I don't buy what you're saying.

friendship

hikikomori

urban dictionary (look through several definitions of each entry):

friends

best friends

homies

buddies

bros

Good luck.

Rubbish! What have slang and colloquialisms got to do with an academic essay? In case you are not aware, they're banned from academic works.

Поделиться сообщением

Уважаемые эксперты, оцените пож-та следующее эссе.

In your opinion should the government intervene in the rights of the individual with regard to family planning?

Family is one of the most important worth in the life. We must help people to take a family, but friends and close people is one thing, government - another. Is government must intervene in the family planning?

I think, government must take part in the individual family regarding. For example, in the progressive countries like a Germany or Norway government encourage motherhood and family paying much money to young families. On another hand, government in the China on opposite save the demography in the minimum level. Encouraging one - child families and penalizing families, who have more than one child.

Opponents of this view say that government must not intervene in the deeds of family. According to many opinions it is a breech of people's right. Family must to looking after their children and financial position.

I am afraid, I do not agree with this statement, because if government cease intervene in the family lige will begin crisis of demography, like in India where government do not control quantity of newborns. In India begins overcrowding.

According to many assessments, I would like to repeat my opinion. Interference of government in family planning is a good way to help them and country at all, but government must not cease the right of the individual more than it is necessary.

(215 слов)

This text isn't easy to read.

Here are some links I'm not very happy with. But they might be a good start.

marriage promotion

domestic violence

family policy council

Germany's family policies

Поделиться сообщением

Rubbish! What have slang and colloquialisms got to do with an academic essay? In case you are not aware, they're banned from academic works.

Thank you for your compliment, good lady.

How about the ideas to think about? You might then "translate" them to "academic" style.

Поделиться сообщением

Thank you for your compliment, good lady.

How about the ideas to think about? You might then "translate" them to "academic" style.

What you are referring to are not ideas, they're a mix of humorous and often rude definitions that people give to different words. Instead of helping a student with her writing shortly before the exam your "ideas" will only mislead and distract her. Besides, she will start thinking that this is really the way people speak. I think it's better to stick to usage examples from fiction, something that you did before, even though they are, again, not like how people speak in everyday lives, rather than swing to the other end of the spectrum and rush into slang which will definitely bring the student's grade down.

Поделиться сообщением

Just a side note, for EFL teachers.

One of the "disadvantages" of the Internets is that we have created a culture of humiliation.

Another note.

Поделиться сообщением

What you are referring to are not ideas, they're a mix of humorous and often rude definitions that people give to different words. Instead of helping a student with her writing shortly before the exam your "ideas" will only mislead and distract her. Besides, she will start thinking that this is really the way people speak. I think it's better to stick to usage examples from fiction, something that you did before, even though they are, again, not like how people speak in everyday lives, rather than swing to the other end of the spectrum and rush into slang which will definitely bring the student's grade down.

sure, u r right

Поделиться сообщением

sure, u r right

Мне очень любопытен Ваш стиль речи, в котором неожиданно сочетаются признаки современного сленга в чате (u r right) и стиль Вальтера Скотта в его Ivanhoe (my good lady). Это единство эпох или случайный лингвистический микс?

Поделиться сообщением

Мне очень любопытен Ваш стиль речи, в котором неожиданно сочетаются признаки современного сленга в чате (u r right) и стиль Вальтера Скотта в его Ivanhoe (my good lady). Это единство эпох или случайный лингвистический микс?

Опять забыл тег "ирония".

Вот тут посмотрите на плашку вверху.

Поделиться сообщением

Опять забыл тег "ирония".

Вот тут посмотрите на плашку вверху.

А все-таки как насчет комментариев, соотносимых с требованиями к эссе?

Согласна friend повторяется неоднократно, но как сказать по-другому?

Поделиться сообщением

Уважаемые коллеги,

Вот еще один спорный моменты возник при написании эссе. Изучала много материалов по данной теме и привыкла, что вначале сочинения идет introduction, где ученик должен изложить существующую проблему и далее по плану абзац, где нужно выразить свою точку зрения. Один из учителей рекомендует ученику заканчивать первый абзац с использованием слов I think, I believe и т.д. В интернете также есть подобная мысль.

"1) Introduction (вступление)

Во вступлении необходимо четко сформулировать тему-проблему, указав, что существуют две противоположные точки зрения на проблему (Some people claim that mobile phones are very useful devices while others argue that life could be less stressful without them.) и высказать свое мнение, не используя слишком много личных конструкций

Однако первое предложение не должно слово в слово повторять заданную тему сочинения. Рекомендуемое окончание первого абзаца: Now I would like to express my point of view on the problem of …" 1) Introduction (вступление)

http://www.anglyaz.ru/pismo/essay.html

Как вы считаете, нужно ли так заканчивать первый абзац?

Заранее спасибо

Поделиться сообщением

Уважаемые коллеги,

Вот еще один спорный моменты возник при написании эссе. Изучала много материалов по данной теме и привыкла, что вначале сочинения идет introduction, где ученик должен изложить существующую проблему и далее по плану абзац, где нужно выразить свою точку зрения. Один из учителей рекомендует ученику заканчивать первый абзац с использованием слов I think, I believe и т.д. В интернете также есть подобная мысль.

"1) Introduction (вступление)

Во вступлении необходимо четко сформулировать тему-проблему, указав, что существуют две противоположные точки зрения на проблему (Some people claim that mobile phones are very useful devices while others argue that life could be less stressful without them.) и высказать свое мнение, не используя слишком много личных конструкций

Однако первое предложение не должно слово в слово повторять заданную тему сочинения. Рекомендуемое окончание первого абзаца: Now I would like to express my point of view on the problem of …" 1) Introduction (вступление)

http://www.anglyaz.ru/pismo/essay.html

Как вы считаете, нужно ли так заканчивать первый абзац?

Заранее спасибо

Во введении мы обозначаем проблему и показываем ее противоречивость. Различные фразы возможны при условии сохранения заданного объема. Лучше обстоятельнее раскрыть содержание проблемы в абзацах.

Поделиться сообщением

А все-таки как насчет комментариев, соотносимых с требованиями к эссе?

Согласна friend повторяется неоднократно, но как сказать по-другому?

Эссе желательно переписать. Смутные мысли и чёрно-белые утверждения не очень хорошо выражены. Мои первые 2 ссылки посмотрели?

Что касается синонимов friend, то они не академического стиля. Можно вставить confidante (female). Вот даже у "Квин" (1986) повторения:

Another red letter day

So the pound has dropped and the children are creating

The other half ran away

Taking all the cash and leaving you with the lumber

Got a pain in the chest

Doctors on strike what you need is a rest

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust

Friends will be friends

When you're in need of love they give you care and attention

Friends will be friends

When you're through with life and all hope is lost

Hold out your hand 'cos friends will be friends - right till the end

Разговорный синоним в Британии mate, в Америке buddy.

Вот ещё здесь, если пишет девочка.

Поделиться сообщением

Во вступлении необходимо четко сформулировать тему-проблему, указав, что существуют две противоположные точки зрения на проблему и высказать свое мнение, не используя слишком много личных конструкций

Однако первое предложение не должно слово в слово повторять заданную тему сочинения.

В трудную ситуацию поставлены школьнеги. Подберите синонимы к словам задания, но в рамках нейтрального/"академического" стиля!

В Америке приветсtвуется ссылка на личный опыт. "Один любитель аниме сказал мне вчера, что хиккам не нужны друзья. Но мои контакты в инстаграме жить без меня не могут."

Поделиться сообщением

Уважаемые коллеги, оцените пож-та следующее эссе.

Пунктуация и орфография сохранены.

Public libraries are becoming less popular and the will soon disappear.

Today, the popularity of different technologies is very big. Among these technologies there are new opportunities to comfortable reading, such as electronic books and tablets. At the same time books that were done with paper and glue are becoming less popular and some people think public libraries will soon disappear.

I strongly believe public libraries will not disappear for a long time. Firstly, there are many people who prefer real books, with pages and without screen light. For example, elderly people just do not know how to use any electronic devices.

Other people may not have enough money to buy any gadget, so they forced to use paper books, especially from public libraries to avoid wasting money.

Secondly, nobody could deny that public libraries is not just heap of books - it is also library staff people who can give you some advice about what book you should take to read.Eventually, the personal will know your personal preferences and will be able to give then best advice, i.e. you will be able to read only these books that you will like.

Howeever, other people are convinced electronic mediums are more longerous that paper. They suggest it is easier to keep electronic books than paper books. At last, they suppose that progress for devices. I am afraid, I do not agree with them, because I strongly believe thare are always will people who like to touch real paper pages, to turn these pages.

To sum up, I would like to say that public libraries will disappear when there is nobody who has desire to keep in hand something real, i.e. not soon

Поделиться сообщением

This text isn't easy to read.

Here are some links I'm not very happy about. But they might be a good start.

marriage promotion

domestic violence

family policy council

Germany's family policies

Спасибо, я передам эти ссылки ученику!!Но хотелось бы, чтобы по ошибкам пробежались)

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас