Перейти к содержимому
  • записей
  • комментарий
  • просмотров
    74 820

Quotations as discussion starters

Алексей Конобеев

1 056 просмотров

I've already written here that a good and controversioal quotation is a great way to start class discussions. Lower-level students can be asked to explain the meaning of the quotation, higher-level ones can be prompted to agree or disagree withteh quotation and explain why, and if your students like to make stories, you can even ask them to make a story to illustrate the idea o fthe quotation (but remember that this is good for a writing class and not for an everyday conversation lesson, as not everyone is happy with having to make up stories unless they're to explain why they haven't done their homework).So here're a few more interesting quotations which could be used as discussion starters:otes to Like!• Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not. - Kurt Cobain• The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music. - Cable Guy• If you are going through hell, keep going. - Sir Winston Churchill• Everything is okay in the end, if it is not ok, then it is not the end.• Never give up on something that you can not go a day without thinking about.• Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.• What you are is Gods gift to you, what you make of yourself is your gift to God. - Jewish Proverb• Every great achievement was once considered impossible.• A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Sun Tzu• The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Ghandi• No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt• Sometimes you just have to be alone until you are no longer lonely.• We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give. - Winston Churchill• Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. - Lou Holtz• Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind. - Dr. Seuss• People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. - Whinnie The Pooh

0 комментариев

Рекомендуемые комментарии

Нет комментариев для отображения

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас