mirazh

Пользователи
  • Публикации

• Посещение

Все публикации пользователя mirazh

1. Вебинары и онлайн-тренинги в июне 2019

Спасибо, что предупредили. С уважением Ковалёва Любовь Валентиновна
  2. Daily English Challenge

Всех с наступающим новым Учебным Годом! Любви к деткам, терпения, здоровья и хорошего настроения на предстоящие 9 месяцев! Даже и не заметите, как Лето придет!!!
  3. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 40 Oh, I'm sorry. I've made a mistake..... 3) EXCITE
  4. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 40 Which word in each list cannot collocate with the word in CAPITAL LETTERS? 1. difficulty, knowledge, opportunity, problem, need ARISE - "to come into being, appear" ...... KNOWLEDGE 2. have, need, draw, receive, pay, seek ATTENTION - "the act of keeping the mind closely on smth".......SEEK 3. attract, give, lose, feign, develop, excite INTEREST - "a feeling of curiosity or concern about smth"......INTEREST 4. an exam, a law, the time, judgement, control PASS - "to move beyond a person or place".........CONTROL 5. inflict, repair, take, assess, cause DAMAGE - "harm or loss due to injury to a person's reputation or to property"......TAKE
  5. Daily English Challenge

Hi 'eggalina'! I agree with you! More than that, having looked through my dictionary I read "SCALE" means 1) измерить (рыбу) 2) шкала (термометра) 3) скалолазание ( это подошло к Человеку - Пауку)
  6. Daily English Challenge

To Mr. Radislav Millrood My strategy to guess the word in Challenge 34 was very simple. I looked at these three subjects " Fish, Thermometer and Spider" and tried to associate them... Variants were different but the word "scale" was the only common feature. Thanks a lot for the interesting task!
  7. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 35 Fill in the gaps with the correct idioms. Change the grammar form of the idiom if you need. Idioms: to pull one's socks up, to call it a day, to come out of the blue,, to ring the bell, to talk shop, 1. The corporate party was extremely boring, we went out to a pub and Talked Shop all the time. 2. Wow, we've done a lot of work! Shall we Call It A Day? 3. The news that the new CEO is going to resign after only a month with us has Come Out Of The Blue. 4. He has not been doing much in class. He'd better Pull His Socks Up if he wants to pass the exam. 5. I don't remember having ever met her, but the name certainly Rings The Bell.
  8. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 34 For Mr. Radislav Millrood - Fill in each of the three blanks using one and the same word: SCALE!
  9. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 33 Use one and the same word to fill each of the blanks -DUCK! 1. The firefighter rushed into the flames like a ____ to water. (Like a duck to water - чувствовать себя как рыба в воде) 2. This I'd not the first time the young offender has been caught red-handed, but all the previous punishments were for him like water off a ___'s back. (Like water off a duck's back - как с гуся вода) 3. The interview was supposed honest and difficult for the minister, but the old politician managed to ____ each and every really difficult question. 4. In this open field the soldiers were like a sitting ___ for the enemy. (A sitting duck - легкая добыча) 5. They started the project anyway even though they suspected it was a dead ___ . (Dead duck - гиблое дело)
  10. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 33 Use one and the same word to fill each of the blanks The answer is "DUCK"
  11. Daily English Challenge

#32. Винокуров А.М. "Англо-русский словарь идиом" ("Мартин" Москва 2014) В школе ребятам нравится "копаться" в таком словарике! Спасибо за такое интересное задание! 1. b ) hot potato - нечто неприятное (чем приходится заниматься) 2. c) add insult to injury - наносить новые оскорбления 3. a) at the drop of a hat - немедленно, безотлагательно, быстро 4. a) ball is in your court - очередь за вами, ваша очередь 5. a) burn the midnight oil - засиживаться за работой допоздна 6. c) give the benefit of the doubt - поверить на слово,отбросить сомнения 7. a) it takes two to tango - 8. d) not playing with a full deck - 9. d) hit the nail on the head - правильно угадать, попасть в точку 10. c) barking up the wrong tree - идти по ложному следу, обвинять кого-либо не по-адресу
  12. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 31 1. loitered 2. limped 3. strolled 4. tramped 5. leapt
  13. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 30 1. Blinked 2. Umpire 3. Disused 4. Councillor 5. Morales 6. Shade 7. Electrical
  14. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 29 Which of these expressions is NOT a natural collocation? 1. take / have / Study / go to lessons 2. do / read / study / Make a subject at university 3. get / take / do / Read a degree 4. pass / take / Lose / fail / do an exam 5. private / further / higher / Lower education
  15. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 25 Choose the right word 1. After years of living next door to a very noise family we decided to look for a _____________________ house. c) detached 2. This flat is ______- for rent for the next two months. d) available 3. This is a _______ house with a lot of space for all the family. a) three-storey 4. This flat is only available for a __________ let. d) short-term 5) The flat I've rented is _______ furnished, there is no need to buy any furniture. b ) completely 6) If you take this job, you get _______ free. c) board and lodging 7) I am currently living in the university _____ for the duration of the course. b ) hostel of residence
  16. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 24: 1. I don't follow fashion, I set... the trend 2. Sandals are going to make a ... comeback 3. He thinks that his cuff links are the height of... fashion 4. She looks stupid in that dress. She's a real fashion... victim 5. This summer dragonfly sunglasses are going to be all the... rage
  17. Daily English Challenge

№ 23 1. I'd rather you didn’t smoke indoors. 2. I really wish I had been born somewhere warm! 3. If only you had told me it was her birthday, I'd have brought her a present. 4. By the time we got to the canteen, most of the fruit had already been eaten. 5. Despite he had been living in the UK for a year, he couldn't speak English. 6. Never had flown before, she was anxious through the entire flight. 7. No sooner we'd arrived at the restaurant than it closed. 8. It mustn't have been Lucy you spoke to, she didn't come here any more. 9. The reason for him to take a language class was to work as an interpreter. 10. I am interested in learning as much about London as I can before our tour begins.
  18. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 22. In each of the sentences below there is at least one mistake. All mistakes are malapropisms. Correct the mistakes. 1. You can lead a horse to the water but you cannot make it (think) DRINK. 2. Let sleeping (ducks) DOGS lie. 3. Necessity is the mother of (convention) INVENTION. 4. A rolling stone gathers no (moths) MOSS. 5. There is no time like the (pleasant) PRESENT. 6. That is a horse of (a different feather)another COLOR 7. He is as dead as a (hangnail) DOORNAIL (DODO). 8. The parents of the bride request your (presents) PRESENCE at the wedding. 9. Socrates died from an overdose of (wedlock) HEMLOCK. 10. Don't look a gift horse in the (house) MOUTH.
  19. Daily English Challenge

#21 1) put on 2) fix up 3) go off
  20. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 20 1) urged 2) flooded 3) riot
  21. Daily English Challenge

Challenge #19 1 columnist - journalist 2 counterclockwise - anticlockwise 3 legal - public 4 chest - wardrobe 5 wrap - cover 6 sweater - jumper 7 crossing guard - Lollipop lady / man 8 store - shop 9 stroller - baby carriage, pram, baby buggy 10 self-rising flour - yeast, ferment
  22. Daily English Challenge

1) due to (since) 2) in spite of 3) still 4) as 5) whereas
  23. Daily English Challenge

№16 1. d 2 d 3 a
  24. Daily English Challenge

Challenge # 15 Correct any sentences that are unacceptable 1) They’re probably planning a quiet evening together; I know they don't guess what we'll be doing. 2) By the time we’ll have finished, everybody will have eaten and drunk as much as they can. ( I think it's correct, but I am not sure...) 3) The other sixty guests should have arrived before Helen and John.
  25. Daily English Challenge

b)a penchant for - любовь к чему -либо, кому-либо