Перейти к содержимому

richgoodman

Опытный пользователь
  • Публикации

• Посещение

Сообщения, опубликованные пользователем richgoodman

1. got your back

to protect and support you

Comes from making sure you are safe by watching what's behind you when you're busy looking ahead.

Penny: ... Thank you for being the emotional one in this relationship.

Leonard: I got your back.

Penny: Yeah.

The Big Bang Theory, season 7, episode 22

Your girl got your back more than your friends

Twitter

Don't worry, I've got your back.

2. Flipped classroom используется активно примерно полтора-два года, Blended learning устоялся лет пять назад. Устоявшихся вариантов на английском "информационная образовательная среда" не встречал, возможно, кто-то видел какие-то статьи? ИОС. - это термин российского происхождения, если не ошибаюсь.

right on

ngram viewer

google trends

3. ring a bell

to sound familiar to you, as though you have heard it before

I was surprised when you called. Isn't there some universal guy rule where you have to wait four days to call a girl?

That does not ring a bell... And it's three days.

How I Met Your Mother, season 9, episode 21

Our taxi driver was Hannibal lecter, if that rings a bell

Twitter

His name rings a bell but I can't think where we met.

Does what I just said ring a bell?

4. cool factor

the degree of awesomeness

What we had was hot. But after the debacle of Nationals, the Glee Club is not in my cool factor. I can’t withstand it, alright?

Glee, season 3, episode 1

Dennis: Hey Mark, you coming to my party tonight?

Mark: What's the cool factor?

Dennis: Jeff, Bill and Sean will be there.

Mark: Good

Urban Dictionary

Having my mom drop me off at college because I don't have a car is a major dent in my cool factor.

Love when my dad comes to town! My cool factor jumps way up.

Twitter

5. Вовсе я не отвергаю ТЕСТ как инструмент ДИАГНОСТИКИ, чтобы успеть ликвидировать пробелы и подтянуть уровень. но я против применения формализованного теста как ЕДИНСТВЕННОГО мерила для качественно разных школьных предметов, отраслей знания, назначения теста в формате ЕГЭ/ГИА единственным фактором, определяющим всю перспективу будущей жизни человека.

Против главенства формализованных тестов, реально заставляющих учеников и учителей стремиться формализовать и сам процесс мышления на благо подстройки под "хороший" результат. "Угадайка" позволяет переползать минимальный порог, так зачем куда-то углубляться.

И еще я против ЕГЭ по иностранному языку как одного из трех обязательных для всех - мы не англоязычная страна и, вроде бы всегда этим гордились (только не надо разговоров, что надо знать иностранные языки как в цивилизованных странах, потому что насильно мил не будешь и на практике без официального двуязычия, никто массов иностранными языками не владеет).

Кому надо, тот сам выберет себе этот предмет.

А в итоге вся государственная машина направлена на борьбу с величайшими преступниками в нашей стране - с нашими детьми. Ни о какой педагогике или воспитании тут нет и речи. Всем проставили клеймо. В ответ получается еще более массовые сливы, более грамотные схемы.

lov+dis+thread.jpg

Я много раз читал в этих ваших интернетах, что кто-то хочет сделать всё население преступниками :-(

А без ежедневной практики язык забудется моментально.

6. brisk

(of wind and the weather) cold but pleasantly fresh

[scene: Monica and Rachel's apartment.]

[Ross comes out of Rachel's bedroom in her bathrobe and heads for the bathroom. On his way back, Richard comes out of Monica's bedroom in her bathrobe.]

ROSS: Hey.

RICHARD: Hey.

ROSS: Hey.

RICHARD: Ohh, brisk tonight.

ROSS: Oh man.

RICHARD: Let's never speak of this.

ROSS: You got it.

Friends TV Show, season 2, episode 18

снова пишут работы по старым планам, on the one hand..... on the other hand, а за это снижаются баллы и за решение коммуникативной задачи и за организацию текста

Напомните, пожалуйста, новый план.

аа

8. Ну вот получается высмеяли работу.Тогда ответьте на вопрос: " Зачем отдельные издательства выпускают сборники для подготовки к ЕГЭ? Чтобы действительно помочь или для личной наживы? Я имею в виду,хотя бы тренировочную тетрадь к выполнению части С на ЕГЭ( автор- М.А.Бодоньи). На мой взгляд, там можно чему- то поучиться, хотя бы выучить клише. Просмотрите на досуге и оставьте комментарий. Интересно узнать Ваше мнение.

We just wanna help. That's it. Nothing else. The text is good.

Some people maintain the idea that if a person really knows a foreign language he has no problems with working as an interpreter. Others believe that you have to have special skills for that job.

I agree with the point of view that not everyone who has learned a foreign language can work as an interpreter. Firstly, an interpreter should not only be an expert in languages, but also have a thorough knowledge of other aspects of life as they work with people from different cultures and social groups. Secondly, interpreters should be physically strong to work under much stress. Thirdly, it is essentially important for an interpreter to have a good vocabulary. Every language has colloquial words, idioms which are hard to understand without good knowledge.

However, some people think that you will not have great difficulties with working as an interpreter if you know language well and practice daily. First of all, you have no problems with understanding both languages (your native language and a foreign one). If you understand something in one language you can easily translate it into another. Besides, everyone who knows a foreign language has some kind of translation experience and easily can manage with this work.

Personally I, think that daily practice and knowing only a language cannot help you because you have to know the types and peculiarities of translating. This profession requires such skills as listening, reading, speaking and writing.

All in all, interpreters should have deep knowledge not only in a foreign language but in other aspects of our life. ( 249 слов)

The text is written in American English. Right? We see practice as a verb.

people maintain the idea that > have an idea

he has no problems > he or she has no problem

people from different > people of different backgrounds and

be physically strong > be fit

essentially important > greatly/particularly important (essential is already important)

have a good vocabulary > have a wide active vocabulary

words, idioms > words and idioms

know language well > speak the languages well (four times more frequent)

Personally I, > Personally, I/Personally I

knowing only a language > only speaking two languages

have to know the types and peculiarities of translating > you should master the art of interpreting

This profession requires such skills > Interpreters are required to have such skills as listening and speaking. An interpreter is a person whose job is to translate what someone is saying into another language.

All in all, > It's not on my list of transitional devices. It is used mainly in fiction and magazines. Its usage is decreasing.

aspects of our life > aspects of life

Your English is good. But there is still room for improvement.

The problem of importance clothes in people’s life is rather urgent and requires everybody’s attention.

As my personal point of view on the raised problem I should say that we have to pay much attention to what we wear and believe a good appearance is the key for success. Because, first of all, clothes are status thing and show your social position. Besides, a positive first impression mostly depends on clothing. For example, the better person is dressed the more attention he or she is going to attract. And of course, following a style is important for people particular for teenagers. It gives them the opportunity to show their individuality and to stand out.

But there have been always people who have an opposite opinion on this problem. They consider that care about fashion and style is really exaggerated. It is because following a style and being fashionable is a waste of money. Sometimes fancy clothes may cost a lot and not everybody can afford to buy it. What is more, people should buy clothes that are suitable for them. They will feel good in what they are wearing.

But nevertheless I am still sure that clothes play an important role in our life. No doubt that a good appearance gives you the chance to earn respect of society and stand out.

So in conclusion it is necessary to emphasize that the touched problem requires a complex solution. In modern life caring about fashion is one of the most important things. We should pay more attention to own style. But we must not be a shopaholic.

Sergey Brin feels kinda awkward.

268 words

The problem of importance clothes in people’s life is rather urgent and requires everybody’s attention. > Restate, pls. It's not a problem, okay? And mind your grammar.

As my personal point of view on the raised problem I should say > I think

and believe a good > and I believe that

key for > key to

status thing > a status thing

and show > and they show

a positive first impression mostly depends on clothing > "First impressions are based on a wide range of characteristics: age, race, culture, language, gender, physical appearance, accent, posture, voice, number of people present, and time allowed to process." Wikipedia

the better person is dressed the more attention he or she is going to attract > "... participants wanted to be friends with the Caucasian model most when she was wearing a plain sweatshirt ... It is unclear why the plain sweatshirt was most associated with friendship ..." Wikipedia

following a style > having/developing a style

for people particular for teenagers > for people especially for teenagers

stand out > stand out in the crowd

have an opposite opinion on this problem > have the opposite opinion on the subject/issue

They consider that care about fashion and style is really > They consider that the importance of following fashion might be

It is because following a style and being fashionable is a waste of money. > For example, it can cost much money.

No doubt that > There is no doubt that

gives you the chance > gives you a chance

earn respect > gain respect (two times more frequent)

So in conclusion > In conclusion,

the touched problem requires a complex solution > the subject of the essay is not simple

to own style > to own our style

we must not be shopaholics > Why not? It's fun. Also, why so strict? P. S. Shopaholic is informal.

The problem of choosing clothes has always been acсute. Some people try to be fashionable while others do not place any importance on new up-to-date clothes.

From my point of view wearing fashionable clothes is not necessary. Firstly, always being stylish need a lot of time people could spend on encouraging their hobbies or studying and working. Secondly, looking nice is not always connected with buying new types of clothing every week. People may be well dressed without trying to look fashionable. Moreover, people who buy every new fashionable thing need a lot of money to satisfy their wishes, because new clothes are appearing in the shops with every passing day and cost a lot.

However, others believe that looking fashionable is not less important then other thing and it needs a lot of time being spent on it.

I`m afraid, I can`t agree with this point of view. I strongly believe that there are a lot more important things in life and looking fashionable is not the thing people should spend much of their time on.

Taking into consideration all mentioned above, I believe that looking fashionable is not the thing a lot of your time should be wasted on. You should do your best to find time for buying new clothes without wasting time on window shopping.

acute > serious/two-fold

place any importance on > stress the importance of

new up-to-date > verbosity

need a lot of time > demands much time (style)

on encouraging their hobbies > on their hobbies

or studying and working > or studying or working

types of clothing is okay

a lot of money > much money (style)

satisfy their wishes > meet/accommodate their wishes

are appearing > appear

with every passing day > every day

cost a lot > cost much/an arm and a leg

then other thing > than other things

needs a lot of time being spent on it > needs careful attention/one should invest much time in it

I`m afraid, I can`t > I for one can not

a lot more important > many more important

the thing people should > something people should

looking fashionable is not the thing a lot of your time should be wasted on. > rephrase

You should do your best > One should do one's best (style)

Nowadays people begin to pay more and more attention to their appearance. And the question is: wether to be in modern mass tendencies or to follow your own taste.

In my opinion following fashion is much about waste of time. Firstly, because fashion is very unpredictable thing and changes very quickly; it`s hard to be in time with it. Secondly, fashion clothes and accesoirizes usually cost a lot of money, it gets difficult to afford it and so beside the fact of wasting time is also a fact of wasting money. And finally, fashion can not always suit to your taste - you inner wanting to wear this or that piece of clothes and modern idea of what you should wear can be different.

On the other hand, being in fashion helps to be goodlooking anyway and sometimes people become world famous for just being in fashion flow.

But again these people usually follow their own taste to make something new for themselves not carrying about fashion. They create their own tendencies.

To sum up fashion is not the thing one should worry about. It changes so quickly. It`s better to look for what you are wearing yourself and be in harmony with your desire to look the way you want.

wether > whether

be in modern mass tendencies > follow mass tendencies (just okay)

follow your own taste (two times in the text) > have/get/develop your own taste

Firstly, because fashion > Fashion

fashion is very unpredictable thing > fashion is a very unpredictable thing

be in time with it > follow fashion

a lot of money > much money (style)

and so beside the fact of wasting time is also a fact of wasting money. > ungrammatical verbosity

suit to your taste > suit your taste

you inner wanting > your inner urge/motivation/understanding

piece of clothes > piece of clothing

modern idea > the modern idea

good-looking means physically attractive, especially with an attractive face > look good/your best

world famous > world-famous (two times more frequent)

for just being in fashion flow > for only being fashion-forward (just is colloquial)

But again these people > Then again, those people (fashionable now ;)

for themselves not carrying about fashion > for themselves, not for other people

create their own tendencies > develop their own style

To sum up fashion is not > To sum up, fashion is not

It`s better > It is better

you are wearing yourself > one wears

... one's ... one wants

Take your time at the exam.

13. А разве тема внешности, что одеть и моды - это одно и то же?

В первом предложении задания предлагают писать об одежде. Ученик следует этой инструкции.

14. Иногда хочется просто работать, а не ловить вирусы или чистить реестр. Установите бесплатную операционную систему linux. Для начинающих прекрасно подходит mint. Можно установить рядом с windo$e или попробовать linux, запускаясь с DVD.

15. Согласна, что звучит как-то неестественно медленно.

Это же учебные материалы для иностранных детей. Всё здесь адаптировано, только приближено к аутентичному. Послушайте StoryCorps или любой подкаст.

16. Для удобства понимания неплохо бы каждый раз приводить вопрос с контекстом для ответа. Это так. На будущее ...

Возможна ошибка автора теста.

Оригинальный контекст нашёл Август. Удастся ли кому-нибудь найти оригинал о Пушкине и Ганнибале?

17. Здравствуйте. Когда мы с учениками выполняли задания по ФИПИ, то нашли несколько таких заданий, где, как нам показалось, возможны 2 правильных ответа. ...

2 и 4 ответы подходят

Hey snowdrop,

You could write to support@fipi.org and tell them that teachers are discussing ambiguities/errors in their public database on forums like englishteachers.ru.

18. )))))))) малыши пишут, например, I must GET OUT my room. Или in spring the sun GLITTERS! Сегодня проверяла тетради 3 класса.

Both sentences are legit. You know what I'm saying? Maybe it's not what the kids wanted to say, but still.

"To my left, the sun glittered on the sea and, on the rocky headland of Carn Du, the granite cliffs were touched with gold in the afternoon sun." Finding Minack

"To help her to get out the room we are building towers so she can climb out the window." Tall Terrific Towers (AmEn, now also BrEn)

P. S. Thank you captain Obvious.

19. связки я прошу разнообразить. Просто для языкового развития учащихся. Жизнь ведь не кончается на ЕГЭ.

могий вместити да вместит

He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. Matthew 19:12

20. Вот насчет аргументов - это наверно одна из основных проблем у нас с ученицей. Эссе многие действительно серые. Думала, я придираюсь. Не знаю в чем проблема, то ли в том, что у школьников недостаточно жизненного опыта, то ли в том, что в таких строгих рамках эссе трудно умудритья выразить. Вот, если раньше была задача для школьников- написать сочинение на какую-либо тему не менее 6 листов (по рус.). Таких строгих правил не было, чтоб в одном абзаце столько-то вводных слов или столько то аргументов. Темы то экзаменационные затрагивают актуальные проблемы, но как все впихнуть в 250 слов? Не разгуляться. С одной стороны, как говорил мой учитель, словам должно быть тесно, а мыслям просторно. Однако тут уж слишком тесно, на мой взгляд.

Опыт, волнение, второй язык...

Избегайте голословных чёрно-белых утверждений без фактов. разнообразьте примерами из жизни (выдуманными). Используйте одни и те же связки: эссе проверят только однажды.

Посмотрите, что пишет (хотя бы) википедия: идеи, выражения, слова.

Задания выглядят глупо: Некоторые думают, другие ... Кто такие? Какой-то сферический конь в вакууме. Ответы тоже не блещут: все всегда, никто никогда ... кто-то иногда. Кто? Приведи пример. Придумай для разнообразия.

21. Уважаемые коллеги, оцените пож-та следующее эссе.

Пунктуация и орфография сохранены.

Public libraries are becoming less popular and the will soon disappear.

Today, the popularity of different technologies is very big. Among these technologies there are new opportunities to comfortable reading, such as electronic books and tablets. At the same time books that were done with paper and glue are becoming less popular and some people think public libraries will soon disappear.

I strongly believe public libraries will not disappear for a long time. Firstly, there are many people who prefer real books, with pages and without screen light. For example, elderly people just do not know how to use any electronic devices.

Other people may not have enough money to buy any gadget, so they forced to use paper books, especially from public libraries to avoid wasting money.

Secondly, nobody could deny that public libraries is not just heap of books - it is also library staff people who can give you some advice about what book you should take to read.Eventually, the personal will know your personal preferences and will be able to give then best advice, i.e. you will be able to read only these books that you will like.

Howeever, other people are convinced electronic mediums are more longerous that paper. They suggest it is easier to keep electronic books than paper books. At last, they suppose that progress for devices. I am afraid, I do not agree with them, because I strongly believe thare are always will people who like to touch real paper pages, to turn these pages.

To sum up, I would like to say that public libraries will disappear when there is nobody who has desire to keep in hand something real, i.e. not soon

more ideas ]"]here

and here (2011)