Перейти к содержимому

Рекомендуемые сообщения

The school year is round the corner

How to start a new school year? How to break the ice, hope you’ll find these two ice-breakers very useful for your students.

Go to www.about.com and you’ll find more.

Use this Ice Breaker game to have a little fun with your students while they warm up to each other and learn details about each other's lives in a playful way. It's a great way to usher in the first day of school as a group.

Two Truths and a Lie - At their desks, ask your students to write down three sentences about their lives (or their summer vacations). Two of the sentences should be true and one should be a fib.

For example, your statements could be:

• This summer I went to Alaska

• I have 5 little brothers.

• My favorite food is brussel sprouts.

Next, have your class sit in a circle. Each person (including you, teacher!) gets a chance to share their three sentences. Then the rest of the class takes turns guessing which one is the lie. Obviously, the more realistic your lie (or mundane your truths), the harder time people will have figuring out the truth.

Sentence Circles - Split your students into groups of 5. Give each group a piece of sentence strip paper and a pencil. On your signal, the first person in the group writes one word on the strip and then passes it to the left. The second person then writes the second word of the burgeoning sentence. The writing continues in this pattern around the circle - with no talking!

When the sentences are complete, the students share their creations with the class. Do this a few times and have them notice how their collective sentences improve each time around.

:P

Поделиться сообщением

The school year is round the corner

How to start a new school year? How to break the ice, hope you’ll find these two ice-breakers very useful for your students.

Go to www.about.com and you’ll find more.

Use this Ice Breaker game to have a little fun with your students while they warm up to each other and learn details about each other's lives in a playful way. It's a great way to usher in the first day of school as a group.

Two Truths and a Lie - At their desks, ask your students to write down three sentences about their lives (or their summer vacations). Two of the sentences should be true and one should be a fib.

For example, your statements could be:

• This summer I went to Alaska

• I have 5 little brothers.

• My favorite food is brussel sprouts.

Next, have your class sit in a circle. Each person (including you, teacher!) gets a chance to share their three sentences. Then the rest of the class takes turns guessing which one is the lie. Obviously, the more realistic your lie (or mundane your truths), the harder time people will have figuring out the truth.

Sentence Circles - Split your students into groups of 5. Give each group a piece of sentence strip paper and a pencil. On your signal, the first person in the group writes one word on the strip and then passes it to the left. The second person then writes the second word of the burgeoning sentence. The writing continues in this pattern around the circle - with no talking!

When the sentences are complete, the students share their creations with the class. Do this a few times and have them notice how their collective sentences improve each time around.

:P

Стоит попробовать! :P

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас