Перейти к содержимому

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Nobel Prize Facts.

I often use some interesting facts in my lessons, not long ago I came across the official site of the Nobel Prize ,some of the activities like :do you know that and indirect questions could be useful at the lessons.

www.nobelprize.org

On 27 November 1895, Alfred Nobel signed his last will and testament, giving the largest share of his fortune to a series of prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and Peace - the Nobel Prizes. In 1968, Sveriges Riksbank (Sweden's central bank) established The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel.

Between 1901 and 2011, the Nobel Prizes and the Prize in Economic Sciences were awarded 549 times. There have been a few years in which the Nobel Prize was not awarded, particularly during World War I and II. In the statutes of the Nobel Foundation it says: "If none of the works under consideration is found to be of the importance indicated in the first paragraph, the prize money shall be reserved until the following year. If, even then, the prize cannot be awarded, the amount shall be added to the Foundation's restricted funds."

830 Laureates and 23 organizations have been awarded the Nobel Prize between 1901 and 2011. Of them, 69 are Laureates in Economic Sciences. A small number of individuals and organizations have been honoured more than once, which means that 826 individuals and 20 unique organizations have received the Nobel Prize in total.

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас