Перейти к содержимому

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Спасибо за подборку! Я буду использовать ее на своих занятиях, с вашего позволения.

Поделиться сообщением

Have you ever heard of a Worst fiction contest? This is a contest where awards are given to the worst examples of fiction, and the unofficial name of the contest is "It was a dark and stormy night" contest. Needless to say, this name imitates the worst opening of a novel ever. Since this is the opening of a novel by Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (the novel's title is "Paul Clifford" and it was published in 1830), naturally enough, the official name of the contest is The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest. You can find out more about the contest and read the winning fiction samples here: http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

Perhaps you might like to use some examples in your classroom - as a how-not-to example?

Поделиться сообщением

Some quotations from famous people (things not to say or to put differently):

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over

the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny

like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

-- Mariah Carey

"Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the

same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also

discovered other similarities between the two, but can't

remember what they are."

-- Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show, August 22

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important

part of your life."

-- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson

for a federal anti-smoking campaign

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my

body."

-- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime

rates in the country."

-- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.

"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from

them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land,

and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves."

-- John Wayne

"I have opinions of my own -strong opinions- but I don't always

agree with them."--George H. W. Bush, former US President

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I

have is that I didn't study my Latin harder in school so I could

converse with those people."

--Dan Quayle, former US VP

Поделиться сообщением

Спасибо! Насчет собственного мнения, просто замечательно.

Поделиться сообщением

Давно гуляют в интернете примеры переводческих ляпов. Не знаю какие из них настоящие, а какие придуманы, но решил собрать в один текст и поделиться с вами:

Super trooper - великолепный патологоанатом

Duly received - Получил фигу

Honey, don't! - Мёда нет!

A gypsy woman - женщина из гипса

To kill a man - человек, злоупотребляющий текилой

FAR manager - Начальник далеко

No need to run - Нет, надо бежать!

This is not you, just me - Дело не во мне, а в тебе

Sleep well - сонный источник

by the way - купи рельсы

just in саsе - только в портфеле

I lоvе уоu bаbу - Я люблю вас, бабы!

I`ve just saw your balance sheet - Видел я ваш баланс... так себе баланс...

I have been there - У меня там фасоль

God only knows - Единственный нос бога

We are the champions - Мы шампиньоны

Do You feel alright? - Ты справа всех знаешь?

I fell in love - Я свалился в любовь

I will never give up - Меня никогда не тошнит

Oh dear - Ах, олень...

I'm going to make you mine - Я иду копать тебе шахту

May God be with you - Майская хорошая пчелка с тобой

Finnish people - Конченные люди

Bad influence - Плохая простуда

Phone seller - Позвони продавцу

Good products - Бог на стороне уток

Let's have a party - Давайте организуем партию

Watch out! - Посмотри снаружи!

Can You hear me - Ты можешь меня здесь

Undressed custom model - Голая таможенная модель

I'm just asking - Я всего лишь король задниц

Do You feel alright? - Ты справа всех чувствуешь?

Bye bye baby, baby good bye - Купи купи ребенка, ребенок хорошая покупка

To be or not to be? - Две пчелы или не две пчелы?

I saw my Honey today - Я пилил мой мед сегодня

Let it be! - Дайте жрать пчел!

Don't be afraid! - не будь Фрейдом

No matter - нет матерей

Master of arts - магистр рисования

A piece of wood - кусочек леса

No smoking! - Пиджаки не вешать!

Летучие мыши - flying mouses

Уха - Ear soup (меню в одном из центральных киевских ресторанов)

People used to be monkeys - Люди привыкли быть обезьянами

"Дверь закрылась, да и только" - "The door closed, yes and only".

Он перевел дух и сделал ей предложение - He translated the spirit and made her a sentence.

The troops were marching - Трупы маршировали.

The greenness of her eyes - зеленизна ее глаз

Поделиться сообщением

<_<:P:D Просто супер!!! Мне нравится!!!

Поделиться сообщением

У меня там фасоль )))))))

"Он перевел дух и сделал ей предложение - He translated the spirit and made her a sentence" is my favourite one. I used some of these sentences for analysis with students, they really helped the kids to uderstand where some of the most common mistakes come from (homophones, syntax etc).

Поделиться сообщением

"Он перевел дух и сделал ей предложение - He translated the spirit and made her a sentence" is my favourite one. I used some of these sentences for analysis with students, they really helped the kids to uderstand where some of the most common mistakes come from (homophones, syntax etc).

Потрясающая цитата!!! Я с учениками на эту тему часто говорю. Ваш пример поможет популярно объяснить. Спасибо!

Поделиться сообщением

очень иллюстративно. здесь много примеров на омонимы разных видов, показывающих ошибки при аудировании да и чтении. У меня есть ученица , вернее только что появилась, ей 13 (возраст много значит). Я уже от нее слышала таких перлов штук 10, типа meeting - мясо, birth - птица etc, причем совершенно без учета частей речи и проч анализа, лепит сходу, потом смеемся. Что говорить о таком сложнейшем )) словосочетании the fastest growing membership, которое было переведено мальчиком так, что бедняга покраснел..., уж какой тут суффикс ship, он регулярно переводится как корабль...но я с удовольствием смеюсь вместе с детьми, это один из плюсов моей работы.

Поделиться сообщением

Это моё любимое - моя преподавательница всегда его использовала ( а теперь и я), ей стоило только произнести "He translated his spirit..." и все понимали о чем речь.

Поделиться сообщением

Объявление на почте в Петербурге:

Dear visitors!

Seince September, the tariffs have become more dear.

Normal letter - 5-30

Postcard - 3-50...

Поделиться сообщением

очень иллюстративно. здесь много примеров на омонимы разных видов, показывающих ошибки при аудировании да и чтении. У меня есть ученица , вернее только что появилась, ей 13 (возраст много значит). Я уже от нее слышала таких перлов штук 10, типа meeting - мясо, birth - птица etc, причем совершенно без учета частей речи и проч анализа, лепит сходу, потом смеемся. Что говорить о таком сложнейшем )) словосочетании the fastest growing membership, которое было переведено мальчиком так, что бедняга покраснел..., уж какой тут суффикс ship, он регулярно переводится как корабль...но я с удовольствием смеюсь вместе с детьми, это один из плюсов моей работы.

У меня тоже дети забавные ошибки порой делают. иногда потому, что по-русски не все правильно сами говорят, сколько раз слышала "ножов" вместо "ножей". Но переводят в целом неплохо. Думаю, это из-за того, чтов нашем учебнике специальные упражнения есть на перевод как на вид речевой деятельности. Мы по New Millenium English идем, с переводами там интересно дело поставлено и тоже предлагаются на выбор варианты переводов, в том числе и очень забавные, чтобы понимали дети.

Поделиться сообщением

Сегодня приятель перевел parking fine как "отлично припарковались!). Пришлось сказать ему, что fine - это вообще-то штраф.

Поделиться сообщением

:unsure: Accidental Accident Reports

1.Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.

2.The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intent.

3.I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.

4.In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.

5.I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.

6.I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.

7.I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.

8.My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.

9.As I approached the intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a place where no sign had ever appeared before, making me unable to avoid the accident.

10.I told the police I was not injured, but upon removing my hair, I found that I had a fractured skull.

11.I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.

12.I saw a slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car.

13.The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.

14.I was thrown from my car as it left the road, and was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.

15.A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

16.I thought my window was down, but I found out it was up when I put my head through it.

17.To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.

18.The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

19.The pedestrian had no idea which way to run, so I ran over him.

20.An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.

21.A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.

22.I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment.

Quote:These quotes were found in the July 26, 1977 issue of the Toronto News. They are actual statements from insurance forms where car drivers tried to summarize accident details in as few words as possible. Such instances of faulty writing serve to confirm that incompetency can be highly entertaining.

Поделиться сообщением

:unsure: Accidental Accident Reports

Quote:These quotes were found in the July 26, 1977 issue of the Toronto News. They are actual statements from insurance forms where car drivers tried to summarize accident details in as few words as possible. Such instances of faulty writing serve to confirm that incompetency can be highly entertaining.

Блеск!

Поделиться сообщением

List of actual announcements that London tube train drivers have made to their passengers:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologize for the delay to your service. I know you´re all dying to get home, unless, of course, you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you´ll want to cross over to the Westbound and go in the opposite direction."

"Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news is that last Friday was my birthday and I hit the town and had a great time. The bad news is that there is a points failure somewhere between Stratford and East Ham, which means we probably won´t reach our destination."

"We are now travelling through Baker Street... As you can see, Baker Street is closed. It would have been nice if they had actually told me, so I could tell you earlier, but no, they don´t think about things like that".

"Beggars are operating on this train. Please do NOT encourage these professional beggars. If you have any spare change, please give it to a registered charity. Failing that, give it to me."

During an extremely hot rush hour on the Central Line, the driver announced in a West Indian drawl: "Step right this way for the sauna, ladies and gentlemen... Unfortunately, towels are not provided."

"Let the passengers off the train FIRST!"

(Pause...)

"Oh go on then, stuff yourselves in like sardines, see if I care - I´m going home...."

"Please allow the doors to close. Try not to confuse this with ´Please hold the doors open.´ The two are distinct and separate instructions."

"Please note that the beeping noise coming from the doors means that the doors are about to close. It does not mean throw yourself or your bags into the doors."

"We can´t move off because some idiot has their hand stuck in the door."

"To the gentleman wearing the long grey coat trying to get on the second carriage - what part of ´stand clear of the doors´ don´t you understand?"

"Please move all baggage away from the doors." (Pause..)

"Please move ALL belongings away from the doors." (Pause...)

"This is a personal message to the man in the brown suit wearing glasses at the rear of the train: Put the pie down four-eyes, and move your bl**dy golf clubs away from the door before I come down there and shove them up your a**e sideways!"

"May I remind all passengers that there is strictly no smoking allowed on any part of the Underground. However, if you are smoking a joint, it´s only fair that you pass it round the rest of the carriage."

Some of them sound somewhat rough and can't be used in class :unsure:

though I get it from Teens' forum (UK)

Поделиться сообщением

A girl of 13 about SHOPPING:

When i was little my mom and dad always used to go to B&Q or IKEA because we were doing up the house and such and me and my little brother always used to be like

noooooooo

because my mom can wonder round for hours!

i needed my legs amputated by the time she'd finished.

Поделиться сообщением

The following is (purported to be) a collection of actual excuse notes from parents, including the spelling, from the Office of Educational Assessment at the University of Washington.

Please excuse Roland from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

John has been absent because he had two teeth taken off of his face.

Dear School: Please ekscuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33.

Поделиться сообщением

Sniglets are made up words to describe a familiar situation. You can bet you won't find these in the dictionary!

Anagatha: any mysterious item that appears on your desk.

Audiosis: the hearing of a sound after it quits.

Auldlanxiety: experience of waking up New Year's Day with amnesia.

Barcissist: the person in every bar staring at himself in the mirror.

Bubblic: addicted to the systematic popping of bubble packing.

Centstress: anxiety felt when asked, 'Do you have a penny?'

Chocography: information describing the candy arrangement in box.

Chronesia: the tendency to not know the time when asked, after checking.

Cigadent: any accident involving a cigarette.

Coinophony: annoying pocket concerts conducted by people jiggling keys, etc.

Dishnostic: thoroughly cleaning each dish before using dishwasher.

Flanacles: the chains attached to bank pens to prevent theft.

F-Shock: discovering, after having a flash photo, that you are albino.

Greepers: people who walk up the down escalator to appear motionless.

Halaska: the box on a U.S. map that shows the 49th and 50th states.

Intronesia: embarrasing act of forgetting a name as you're introducing people.

Invisivoidance: the ability to disappear to avoid saying Hi to people.

Jack O'Lobotomy: removal of pulp and seeds from a pumpkin. :huh:

Поделиться сообщением

I quite like this quotation:

"She had a penetrating sort of laugh. Rather like a train going into a tunnel" (P.G. Wodehouse).

Any other funny quotations, anyone?

Поделиться сообщением

I quite like this quotation:

"She had a penetrating sort of laugh. Rather like a train going into a tunnel" (P.G. Wodehouse).

Any other funny quotations, anyone?

Сразу возникает картина... Спасибо за поднятие настроения!

Поделиться сообщением

George Bernard Shaw

He who can does -- he who cannot, teaches.

[Edit note with due apologies to the teachers out there: This is not meant to be offensive. In fact, I think that G B Shaw himself was trying to be funny here. We love you teachers.]

Oscar Wilde

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

W. C. Fields

I once spent a year in Philadelphia, I think it was on a Sunday.

Jay Leno

[putting arms around Nigella Lawson] My wife is going to kill me. But you look like my wife, so that's Ok!

Jerry Seinfield

Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end.

Поделиться сообщением

George Bernard Shaw

He who can does -- he who cannot, teaches.

[Edit note with due apologies to the teachers out there: This is not meant to be offensive. In fact, I think that G B Shaw himself was trying to be funny here. We love you teachers.]

I think that's true. Everything I can do - to teach. I can do nothing better. Why should I apologise? The problem is, that the proverb "dids, not words" is not for us. We think and live just the other way about- our words is our weapon.

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас