Перейти к содержимому
Алексей Конобеев

Акцент может привести к проблемам на работе?

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Интересная статья о том, как на Би-Би-Си у журналистки возникли проблемы из-за ее акцента:

She has explained the global economic crisis to an audience of millions, but BBC Breakfast's business presenter Stephanie McGovern has said that colleagues treated her as "too common for telly" because of her Teesside accent.

McGovern complained that she regularly received abuse from viewers about her accent and that one BBC manager told her: "I didn't realise people like you were clever."

Writing in the Radio Times, McGovern said: "Despite being a business journalist at the BBC for 10 years, working behind the scenes on our high-profile news programmes, I was viewed by some in the organisation to be 'too common for telly'."

McGovern has presented financial news on BBC1's morning show for nearly a year and previously was a lead producer on BBC1's main news bulletins and BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

But it appears that not all viewers have been endeared by the Middlesbrough-born journalist despite her business acumen.

"The first question I get will be, 'What are Bill and Susanna like in real life?' – I'm happy to report they're lovely – and then it's, 'Where's your accent from?', which I like to chat about. But, unfortunately, there are quite a few people out there who are nasty about the way I talk," she wrote.

"You would think that after nearly two years in the job, people would be used to my Teesside tones. To be fair most are, but there are still some viewers who can't accept that someone with my accent can have a brain. It means that I regularly get abuse about it.

"I've had tweets questioning whether I really did go to university because surely I would have lost my accent if I did; a letter suggesting, very politely, that I get correction therapy; and an email saying I should get back to my council estate and leave the serious work to the clever folk."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/16/bbc-breakfast-stephanie-mcgovern

А в наших школах, как вы считаете, всегда ли хорошее произношение - признак хорошего учителя7

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас