Перейти к содержимому

Рекомендуемые сообщения

January, 18 is Winnie the Pooh Day

www.daysoftheyear.com

There are some holidays which are not actually in the official calendars but they may be used for presenting something special in the classroom.

One of the cuddliest holidays around has to be Winnie the Pooh Day, celebrated on the birthday of author A A Milne. It’s one special anniversary fans just can’t bear to miss! Every year, the occasion is marked with events such as teddy bears’ picnics, featuring plenty of honey on the menu.

Winnie the Pooh first appeared on the printed page in 1926, together with friends Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore. All of them were based on toys owned by the author’s son, who also featured in the famous stories as Christopher Robin. The character later starred in a series of much-loved Disney films. One extra-special way to mark the day is to visit Pooh Corner in Hartfield, East Sussex, where the books were written. You can pick up a map to follow in the characters’ footsteps, and even play a game of Poohsticks on the original bridge.

Winnie the Pooh Day - On 18th January 1882, the creator of Winnie the Pooh was born.  AA Milne has created many children's characters and is the author of many books.  Now, every year we celebrate Pooh Bear on the day of the author's birth.

With his caring nature the oh-so-loveable old bear appeals to all ages. Who could resist a bear that utters the words "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you." It just makes me melt inside!

So on 18 January make sure you celebrate Winnie the Pooh Day with Pooh and Friends.   Perhaps you can create some Winnie the Pooh artwork? Or dress the kids up in Winnie the Pooh costumes, create your own Hundred Acre Wood and have a teddy bear's picnic?

With a whole choice of things to do you can really get involved.  I'm going to watch all the Disney films and cuddle up to my very own cuddly Pooh toy!   Or why not dust off your Winnie the Pooh books and make a visit to the House at Pooh Corner - you could also take a walk through your own local "Hundred Acre Wood" to find "The Enchanted Place" or why not have a game of poohsticks, just like the characters in the book!

Whatever you do, celebrating on January 18th is the perfect way to get in the classic Winnie mood!

Поделиться сообщением

Большое спасибо за информацию. Информация  с сайта www.daysoftheyear.com  может  быть очень полезна для поддержания интереса у детей к изучению английского языка.

Поделиться сообщением

Несколько лет назад делилась проектом (дошкольники) к этому празднику на этом форуме. Ссылка. А здесь еще несколько activities для праздника

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас