Перейти к содержимому

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Давно известно, что существует много разновидностей английского языка в разных регионах. Долгие годы они считались неправильными, затем появилось понятие English as a global language. А сейчас даже в ответ на вопрос "как правильно?" Иногда приходится спрашивать "в какой стране?".

Нашла интересную статью о разных региональных вариантах английского и их особенностях: https://www.theguardian.com/media/mind-your-language/2017/mar/11/from-seaspeak-to-singlish-celebrating-other-kinds-of-english

Примеры из статьи:

Irish English

Otherwise known as Hiberno-English, this refers to dialects spoken across the island of Ireland. Frank McCourt immortalised West and South-West Irish English in his memoir Angela’s Ashes, with its liberal use of the definite article (“Do you like the Shakespeare, Frankie?”), and the unbidden musicality that comes with inverted word order (“Is it a millionaire you think I am?”).

Some of my friends from Northern Ireland will plump for the past simple form of a verb where a past participle is usually required, saying things like: “They’d never have did it had they knew.” Rule breaking at its most ballsy: and it’s music to my ears.

...Take Singlish’s being topic-prominent, for example: like in Mandarin, this means that Singlish sentences will sometimes start with a topic (or a known reference of the conversation), followed by a comment (or some new information). For example, “I go restaurant wait for you.” Grammatically, it’s worlds apart from “I’ll be waiting for you at the restaurant,” but it’s evolved in a region where that kind of sentence structure is the order of the day.

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас