Перейти к содержимому

Рекомендуемые сообщения

How to connect authentic site with educational to make the lesson challenging.

If you want to use different sites to explore the topic you can combine two sites one of which is authentic and the other is educational and easy to explore.

I found an example and tried them at the lesson.

One is www.royal.gov.uk- is the official site of the Royal family, the other is http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/cu.../Beefeaters.htm

The topic of the lesson was 500th anniversary of the Founder of the Queen’s Body Guard.

There was a reception in Westminster Abbey where the Queen awarded the Beefeaters.

And alongside this official information I used the second site which is educational and the language is understandable for secondary school students.

The guards at the Tower of London are called Yeoman Warders. In principle they are responsible for looking after any prisoners at the Tower and safeguarding the British crown jewels, but in practice they act as tour guides and are a tourist attraction in their own right. There are twelve Yeomen Warders.

While their role is usually confined to the Tower of London, the Yeomen Warders do take part in one State ceremony. At Coronations, they form a guard of honour inside the annexe at Westminster Abbey.

Their nickname is Beefeater.

Where does the name Beefeater originate from?

The name Beefeaters is often thought to come from the French word - 'buffetier'. (Buffetiers were guards in the palace of French kings. They protected the king's food.) However, the name Beefeater is more likely to have originated from the time when the Yeomen Warders at the Tower were paid part of their salary with chunks of beef. This took place right up until the 1800s.

You can try and I hope to find useful and challenging.

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас