Перейти к содержимому
Irina

Exam strategies

Рекомендуемые сообщения

In the attached file please find some exam strategies for the reading section that will help students to cope with examination tasks better. The strategies include coping with reading for specific information, reading for general meaning, matching tasks, understanding the text and answering multiple choice questions, as well as ordering information and answering true-false questions. Also there are tips for teachers. I suggest that we enlarge this list of strategies and extend it to examination sections.

EXAM_STRATEGIES.ЧТЕНИЕ.doc

Поделиться сообщением

In the attached file please find some exam strategies for the reading section that will help students to cope with examination tasks better. The strategies include coping with reading for specific information, reading for general meaning, matching tasks, understanding the text and answering multiple choice questions, as well as ordering information and answering true-false questions. Also there are tips for teachers. I suggest that be enlarge this list of strategies and extend it to examination sections.

Thank you so much, I especially like the idea that the strategies can be used by teachers and students as well. Are these strategies used by teachers of St. Petersburg?

Поделиться сообщением

In the attached file please find some exam strategies for the reading section that will help students to cope with examination tasks better. The strategies include coping with reading for specific information, reading for general meaning, matching tasks, understanding the text and answering multiple choice questions, as well as ordering information and answering true-false questions. Also there are tips for teachers. I suggest that be enlarge this list of strategies and extend it to examination sections.

Thank you, the strategy description is very helpful. I would be very grateful if you could share more strategies with us.

Поделиться сообщением

Thank you, the strategy description is very helpful. I would be very grateful if you could share more strategies with us.

Here are strategies for listening, hope you will find them useful too.

Listening

1. Listening for specific information.

When you write in gaps, use a word or a short phrase. Do not try to write too much.

2. Matching.

- When you do a matching task, read the information carefully before you listen. Think about the kind of words you might hear.

- The words used in the tape may not be the same as those in the correct answer.

- In a matching task you need to look at all the possible answers while you listen to each speaker. Underlining the most important words before you listen can help you to recognize the information when you hear it. Do not try to guess the answers. They may be completely different from what you expect !

- As you listen, try to read quickly through every item for each different speaker. Once you have chosen an answer and are fairly certain it is correct, cross that option out.

- There is always a thematic link between the extracts. Look carefully at the instructions to get an idea of what the extracts will be about. The questions will give clues abut what sort of words to listen for.

- Remember to listen out for the words you have thought of, but do not base your answer on one word alone.

- Remember that the speakers will use slightly different words from those in the statements.

Please find more in the attached file.

Listening.doc

Поделиться сообщением